It’s World Book Day – an opportunity to celebrate everything we love about books and reading.
Even in today’s digital world, the power of books can never be ignored. As the late American Poet Maya Angelou once observed: “I am so impressed again with the life-giving power of literature.“.
Nothing is as accessible or as inclusive as a book. It’s a tactile way to inform, educate, inspire and transport you away to other worlds. “I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.” said Harry Potter author JK Rowling.
We are proud to be in the world of helping to produce books of all shapes and sizes. We also relish working closely with valued partners such as Cornwall’s very own TJ International – a multi-award winning book publishers based in Padstow.
Today is a day to celebrate the power of the printed word…
- 84% of people say they understand and can retain information better when they read in print
- 69% believe its important to ‘switch off’ and enjoy printed books and magazines.
- 73% believe reading a printed book is more enjoyable than reading an E-book
- Research shows children remember more details from stories they read on paper than stories they read in E-books
- 79% of people are most relaxed when reading in print
Are you looking to make an impression in print? We’d love to help, just get in contact with our experts to chat more.
Sources: Two Sides/Toluna 2015; Two Side/Toluna Global Survey 2017; JABR F 2013;