Are you looking for a new challenge or to kickstart a career in the print industry? We have an exciting opportunity for a Print & Design Assistant to join our busy digital print team and work in our pioneering eco-friendly, sustainable premises.
This role is perfect for someone looking to start a career in all aspects of print and design with excellent customer service skills and the desire to learn and develop within their role.
This is a multi-disciplined role, including customer service, digital print, artwork and design. The role would be suited to someone with the ability to think independently, be creative, multi-task and contribute to a supportive environment where they can learn new skills and develop existing ones.
The digital & design department is set within our Print Shop, where the team are the first point of contact for all of our customers.
We have a range of digital printing presses and wide format printers, combined with a comprehensive finishing and bindery department. Our print team offers a wide variety of print services, design and artwork, with products ranging from simple photocopying to professional printing of banners, booklets, plans, posters, flyers, business cards, mail merge and exhibition solutions.
St Austell Printing Company is a successful commercial, family-run printing company located in our pioneering eco-friendly, sustainable factory in St Austell. We offer a full range of in-house services including digital and litho printing, artwork and design, finishing and bindery, specialist finishing, mailing and fulfilment.
We are committed to sustainable working practices and reducing our impact on the environment. We’re proud to have been named the UK’s most environmentally-friendly printing company, recently we installed one of Cornwall’s largest roof based solar panel arrays and become an official Carbon Balanced Printer. We are fully committed to supporting the Cornish economy, and are the only commercial printing company to hold an official Made in Cornwall accreditation – recognising our commitment to keeping all core aspects of our printing in-house.
This is an exciting time to join our team and be part of our continued development plans in an outstanding working environment. Deadline to apply is Tuesday 31st August 2021, and we are looking to recruit someone ASAP.
The job role includes (but not limited to);
- Customer facing service for all customer enquiries via phone, email and customer visits to the print shop.
- Customer support as necessary to provide high quality service for all printing and artwork and design requirements. Operate a range of digital and large format print machines as required.
- Provide design support for our team, preparing print ready artwork and proofing process for clients.
- Operate Imprint print management system to manage customer print orders – including customer account set up, providing print estimates, setting up print orders through to invoice.
- Take payment for services, print and artwork using the till and card machine as required.
Essential & Desirable Skills & Experience
- This is a customer facing role in a busy print shop, therefore a personable nature and excellent customer service skills are essential.
- Experience and knowledge of IT and print & design related software, including Adobe Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Must be hard working and conscientious, punctual and reliable.
- Be organized and able to effectively manage own workload and multi-task.
- To work to high standards with attention to detail.
- Enjoy and work effectively within a team.
- Possess initiative and flexible approach with a positive attitude.
- Confident, presentable and professional manner.
Terms & Hours of Work: Full time, Permanent contract. 8:30am – 5:30pm, Mon-Fri.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Location: St Austell Printing Company, St Austell Business Park, St Austell, PL25 4FD
Please submit a CV and cover letter to Beth Mayman by email;
Beth Mayman, Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
St Austell Printing Company, St Austell Business Park, St Austell, Cornwall, PL25 4FD
St Austell Printing Company is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.